Reasoned Audacity in Writing
Books: Edited or Authored
Mother in the Middle
Co-Authored by Charmaine Yoest
“…The authors explore the conflicts of employed mothers who are criticized for not being home with their children and stay-at-home moms who are denied recognition by a society that defines success by career title and income level.” – Chicago Sun-Times
“Mother in the Middle … reminds us that for families to function well, they need both mothers and fathers, each performing their unique and irreplaceable roles.” – Wade R. Horn, Ph.D., Assistant Secretary for Children and Families, Health and Human Services
“Thumbs up for … attempting to answer the difficult question of what can be done in the public sector to recognize the importance of motherhood and children.” – Leah Dobkin, Columbia School of Social Work, for Three Village Times, New York City
“Mother in the Middle is an indispensable resource for every dedicated mother…” – Rabbi Daniel Lapin, Toward Tradition, Radio KVI, Seattle, WA
Free to be Family
Co-authored and Editited by Charmaine Yoest (1992)
Cited by Don Browning, University of Chicago, August, 1998
Cited by The University of Notre Dame
Cited by the Health Department, Huntington County, Indiana
“Contraceptives Fail to Prevent Pregnancy,” Teenage Pregnancy, Stephen P. Thompson, Book Editor, Greenhaven Press, Inc., 1997, other contributing authors include: Barbara Defoe Whitehead, Joe Klein, Charles Murray, Douglas Besharov, Charles Krauthammer, Donald Lambro, Barbara Vobeja, Suzanne Fields, Kristin Luker.
- “Parental Leave: A Benefit for Families . . . or Employers?” Family Policy Review, Fall, 2003
- “Supporting Marriage through Income Splitting” Family Policy Review, Spring, 2003
- Published work read into the Congressional Record, May 26, 1994
- “What do Parents Want?”The American Enterprise Institute Magazine
- “Not a Pretty Picture: The New Virtual Face of Kiddie Porn” (Spring 2000). in The Women’s Quarterly
- “G.I. Jane at VMI “ Charmaine and Jack Yoest explain why female “Brother Rats” may have a rough time at the nation’s oldest military college. A harbinger of things to come? – Virginia Military Institute (Fall 2001).
- “Beware of Big Sister,” Charmaine Yoest exposes a troubling treaty with a teflon title. Get ready for more shenanigans at the UN “The CEDAW Treaty” (Fall 2002).
- “DACOWITS at the Pentagon,” Booby traps at the Pentagon: Charmaine and Jack Yoest introduce you to the Pentagon’s babes in arms. What do they want? An “open dialogue” on breastfeeding – Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services (Winter 2002). Also appeared in the Houston Chronicle
- “Points of Light: Informal Adoption in the Black Community” Health and Human Services, Children Today, September-October 1990 (0361-4336)
- “The Lucky Ones,” The Adoption of Congressman Jim Lightfoot, Health and Human Services, Children Today, November-December 1990
- “Fount of Virtue, Spring of Wealth:How the Strong Family Sustains a Prosperous Society” in The World & I, August, 1994
- “Adopting Solutions” A Brighter Future: Solutions to Policy Issues Affecting America’s Children, Pacific Research Institute
- “No Child is Unadoptable,” in Policy Review, January/February 1997
- “A Solution Waiting to be Adopted,” in Policy Review, September/October 1996
- “Make Way for Mom, Inc.,” in Policy Review, July/August 1996
- “Emptying the Nest” Family Research Council, 1998 Proprietary research on a Wirthlin Worldwide poll asking to rate the desirability of various child care options in a nationwide poll of 1,004 adults.
- “Should Condoms Be Distributed in Schools?” The American Council on Science and Health, Inc., Priorities For Long Life and Good Health, Vol 6 No 4, 1995.
- “Mothers break out of office grind” in USA Today
- “Don’t set kids vs. parents”in USA Today
- Published in May 25, 1994 The Wall Street Journal
- Photo captioned in March 10, 1995, while introducing Bill Archer, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee at a press conference on tax reform.
- Published in March 10, 2002 in Huston Chronicle
- Numerous publications in The Washington Times
- Quoted in “Top Priorities,” The Washington Times, March 5, 2002.
- Quoted in “Bar association urges U.S. to ratify women’s rights pact,” The Washington Times, George Archibald, August 14, 2002.
- Quoted in “Androgynous VMI,” The Washington Times, August 3, 2001.
- Cited in ” Real Love for Real Life : The Art and Work of Caring,” by Andi Ashworth, Shaw; (July 16, 2002)
- Cited in “The Way We Really Are: Coming to Terms With America’s Changing Families,” by Stephanie Coontz, Basic Books; Reprint edition (April 1998)
- Quoted in “The Power of Mother Love : Strengthening the Bond Between You and Your Child,” by Brenda Hunter,Waterbrook Press; (April 20, 1999)
- Quoted in the LA Times, “Divorce from Parents,” September 25, 1992.
- Quoted in the LA Times, “Are women indeed the fairer sex?,” By Lynn Smith, July 9, 2002.
- Cited in syllabus: Women’s Studies, Elizabeth M. Schneider, 2002, The George Washington University
- Cited in syllabus: Women and Public Policy, Cynthia Harrison, 2003, The George Washington University
- Quoted in “To Work or Not: the Conflict Within,” Linda Feldmann, The Christian Science Monitor, July 21, 1998.
- Quoted in “Abolition of feminist defense panel urged,” United Press International, Lou Marano, January 31, 2002.
- Quoted in The Chronicle of Higher Education, “Fighting a Myth: New Book Challenges Assumptions About Working Mothers,” Robin Wilson, May 31, 1996.
- Quoted in roundtable with Joyce Brothers, Ph.D.; Bob Arnot, MD; and Alvin Poussaint, MD, in “Teens and Sex Survey,” Good Housekeeping, June, 1993.
- Quoted in “Few Colleges Pay For Parental Leave; Survey Says 18 Percent of U.S. Schools Offer It For Men and Women,” by John Yellig, Richmond Times Dispatch, Richmond, Virginia, February 17, 2004
- Quoted in “Women’s Groups Blast ‘Politically Correct’ Pentagon Policies,” Lawrence Morahan, News Max, Feb. 4, 2002.
- Published on July 31, 2002 in New York Daily News
- Quoted in National Journal, “Home Economics,” April 4, 1998.
- Quoted in review of “Sex, Lies and the Truth,” Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, 1993.
- Quoted in the “Daily Reproductive Health Report,” Henry J. Kaiser Foundation, August 2, 2002.
- “Mothers’ Movement”, Sarah Glazer, from the Congressional Quarterly, April 4, 2003
- Quoted in “What’s an Army for?,” Mona Charen, Jewish World Review, March 15, 2002.
- Quoted in “Q: Should the U.S. Senate ratify the CEDAW treaty?,” Insight, Janice Shaw Crouse, August 26, 2002.
- Quoted in “se,” John Elvin, Insight, February 23, 1998.
- Various quotes
- Quoted in “Reeling from reality,” Brent Bozell, August 31, 2001, ©2001 Creators Syndicate, Inc..
- Quoted in Fox News Politics, “Pentagon Revamps Women’s Military Panel,” Kelley Beaucar Vlahos, March 7, 2002.
- Quoted in the Raleigh News & Observer “How Much is the ‘Mommy Tax’?”, May 11 2003
- Quoted in “In the Military,” Jon Dougherty, WorldNetDaily, February 1, 2002.
- Quoted in “Women, Gays, African Americans Face New Military Challenges,” University of California Santa Barbara, April 1, 2002
- Quoted in “Most Colleges Lack Family Leave,” By John Yellig of The Daily Progress, February 8, 2004, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Cited in Taking Sex Differences Seriously by Steven E. Rhoads, Ph.D.; Encounter Books; (March 2004)
- Cited by BNA
- Cited in “Listening to Families: The Role of Values in Shaping Effective Social Policy,” published by the Carnegie Corporation of New York, Kathleen Sylvester, 2000.
- Cited in the “Singapore Medical Journal,” Dr. Dixie Tan, 1998; Vol 39(12): 566 – 574
- Cited in The Media, The Internet and the Practice of Adoption: A Bibliography 1995-1999, The Evan B. Donalson Adoption Institute, 1999.
- Cited in “PUBLIC AND PRIVATE PROVISION OF ADOPTION SERVICES,” Betty-Ann Kelly, paper to the Auckland Medical Aid Trust in Auckland, New Zealand, December, 1999.
- Cited by National Review Online
- Cited “Best appearance on Crossfire by a UVA researcher.”
- Cited in Syllabi of class taught at the University of Notre Dame
- Cited by the Health Department, Huntington County, Indiana
- Cited by Don Browning, University of Chicago, August, 1998
- Cited by the Kentucky Kernal, U of K Student Newspaper
- Cited and pictured By Angela R. Treadway, The Presbyterian Layman, Wednesday, November 11, 1998
- Cited in “The Economics of Family Structure,” M. Anne Hill, World and I, August, 1998
- Cited in “New Journal Examines Family Issues in Depth,” Cheryl Wetzstein, The Washington Times, April 3, 2003
- Cited in Child Abuse, Bryan J. Grapes, book editor, Published: San Diego, CA : Greenhaven Press, c2001.
- Cited by the Heartland Institute
- Cited by the Chicago Sun-Times
- Cited in Society Issues; Children, Youth and Families
- Copyright2001©L’Unione Editoriale S.p.A. – Tutti i diritti riservati